Let family and friends know you are safe
Terms & Policy
MyShout Technology LLC’s Terms of Service govern your use of our applications, websites, email notifications, SMS, alerts, ads, and other features and platforms made available by the company. By using MyShout Technology services, you agree to be bound by these terms:
You may use the services of MyShout Technology LLC if you are at least 13 years old and agree to form a binding contract with MyShout Technology LLC. If you are acting on behalf of a government, company, or organization, accepting these terms and using MyShout Technology Services binds you and the entity that you represent to MyShout Technology LLC’s contract, rules, and policy.
My-Shout is a public platform, you need to set up an account with us to use our services. Certain information will be collected to form your profile during your account setup. Your profile information will be published to other users of My-Shout to see. Based on your account settings, your location and emergency situations might be available to some, or all your friends or people designated in your emergency contact folder.
We may share your information with our service providers for effective discharge of the services they provide on our behalf. We comply with laws and regulations to make information available to government authorities to prevent harm and in the public interest.
We collect information on the use of our services, particularly during emergencies. The information collected is used to improve our services. We may send the information collected during an emergency to the appropriate government authorities to rescue, plan, act, etc. appropriately.
Content Shared on My-Shout
You are responsible for the information, pictures, videos, etc. shared on My-Shout. Sensitive information shouldn’t be shared on this public platform. We do not confirm, authenticate, guarantee, monitor, or control any information or content posted by other users on My-Shout. The use of My-Shout and the information on it is at your own risk.
We may at any time remove content that violates our policy, and user agreement, without your consent and notification. We stand against any form of harassment, impersonation, unlawful conduct, etc.
## User Account and Profile Information
When you create your My-Shout account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name, photo, email address, mobile phone number, country of residence and hometown.
Location GPS and Data
MyShout collects location data to enable emergency notifications to your selected contacts ONLY, and an ADMIN, if emergency is at its highest level. Whenever you click an emergency button, this will use your latest GPS location data and notify your contacts. Location access is only used for maps to show your contacts where you are, and to send notifications to selected contacts.
We collect your location information through your devices GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude/longitude) available through your mobile device.
We collect location information when you send emergency alerts to your emergency contacts. We may also retain any emergency alert / situation that you sent out for analysis and report purposes.
Your Account & Password
An account is required to use My-Shout. Your account is yours to customize and decide on those to be your friends, see your locations, and receive your emergency notification. It is your responsibility to protect and safeguard your account. Do not share your password. Keep your Security Code safe. My-Shout support team does not have access to your password, nor would they request your password on phone or via email. Follow the steps in the Help Center to retrieve your account should you forget your password or lost your mobile phone.
When you interact with us through our various social media, such as when you Like our video or comment on it on YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, or post a comment to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to MyShout Technology website or Service.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties outside the Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in some circumstances, as follows:
- We may share your personal information, including name, username, and exact location to your emergency contacts. Depending on the features and functionality enabled, we may also share your location with all your user-friends on the App.
- We may share your personal information, including your exact location data, emergency alerts, and other data with our partners for their marketing and business purposes, including without limitation, to inform and improve tailored advertising, attribution, analytics, or research purposes. These third-party partners may use this information according to their own privacy policies.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily post to our website, Facebook page, append to our YouTube videos will automatically be available to the public. We may publicly post your reviews and comments online on our website or mobile app or link your reviews to third party websites.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also share, transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
- MyShout Technology LLC is a USA-based organization, and we store your personal information in the USA, which may be outside of your jurisdiction of residence. Our partners and service providers may also store your personal information outside your jurisdiction of residence. Accordingly, your personal information will be accessible to law enforcement and/or regulatory authorities according to the applicable laws of such jurisdictions.
We may also share your information with third parties in a form that does not reasonably identify you directly. Third parties may use the de-identified information for any purpose.
Your Choice and Control of Your Information
You may decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case My-Shout Technology LLC may not be able to provide its Services to you. You also have the three choices below to control your information:
- You may limit the information and access to your location. You may also be able to turn off device location data collection through your mobile device settings. Depending on your mobile device, you may be able to “Turn location services ‘off,’ which restricts access to your device location data. You can also adjust your device settings to withdraw permission for the My-Shout App to access device location data.
- You may turn location permission “OFF” through your App settings. If you turn off location permission, the App will not be able to access or collect your location data, and there will be nothing to share with your emergency contacts during emergency.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We may share information about your use of our Services over time, including location information, with third party ad networks, social media companies and other third parties so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites, apps or services, or on other devices or advertising channels. We may also display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others. These third party ad partners collect and use information such as click stream information, timestamp, hashed email address, device ID or AdID, your use of third party applications and/or precise geolocation data and other information, and may combine this information with information they collect directly through tracking technologies or that they receive other partners, both online and offline, so that they may recognize you across other browsers or devices you use, including computers, mobile devices and Smart TVs. These third parties use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
Disclaimer and Limitations of Liability
Your use of My-Shout, and MyShout Technology services are at your own risk. You realize, recognized, understand, and agree that the services of My-Shout, and MyShout Technology are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. We do not guarantee or promise any form of rescue or intervention, be it military, civilian, vigilante, or like during an emergency. Based on your location at a given time, your network signal might be low or unavailable for you to utilize My-Shout features. We are not responsible for any undelivered message and notification at any given time.
MyShout Technology refers to My-Shout, its parents, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors.
MyShout Technology makes no guarantee and disclaims all responsibility and liability for:
(a) The authenticity, availability, security, or dependability of the Services or any Content
(b) Any harm or damage to your computer system or other harm for accessing My-Shout Services or any Content
(c) Undelivered message and notification to your contacts at any given time.
(d) The deletion of your contents, or the failure to store or transmit your content
(e) Whether My-Shout will meet your requirements, function to your expectation, or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No information, either verbally or in writing obtained from My-Shout Technology employees, directors, vendors, contractors, or through the applications features and its websites will create any guarantee not expressly made herein.
(f) MyShout Technology is not liable for any incident, emergency, loss of data, loss of life, etc. pertaining to your use of My-Shout and the services provided by MyShout Technology LLC. My-Shout is not life-saving equipment or service. It is an application to alert family and friends during an emergency, and for family and friends to communicate and stay connected through its chat platform.
Free Exit & Ending of The Terms
You are free to terminate your legal agreement with MyShout Technology at any time by deactivating your account, uninstalling the applications, and discontinuing the use of the services provided by MyShout Technology LLC.
MyShout Technology reserves the right to suspend, delete, or terminate your access to its services either through the apps or websites should you breach these terms or should we need to do so to comply with a legal requirement, court order, government policies, etc.